Thursday, March 20, 2014

Transaxle Mounting Brackets

I quickly found out that purchasing mounting brackets wasn't going to be easy. I checked a lot of places only to come up empty. So, time to make my own.

I had laying around the transmission mounts from a 1990 Mustang Gt that I used to upgrade the drive-line for my 1965 F100. I took the mount side of the assembly and cut it down to make both ends the same size and shape. I then removed the bushings and cut them down to the same size of the mounting bracket on the Pantera. I also trimmed down the mount itself to fit the new size of the bushings. Here's a shot of what I ended up with.


I decided to use a piece of 1/4" plate to begin modifying the mount to fit the transaxle. After removing the rubber mounts I welded the piece of 1/4" using the hole in the Mustang mount. Here's what that gave me.


I then boxed in the mount like below.


Finally I added a rough cut piece of 1/4 plate that will attach to the triangle piece that will mount to the transaxle itself. I will cut this down to size when I get the exact position of the mount in relation to the transaxle. Here's what it looks like.


I then made a mounting plate using the hole pattern on the transaxle itself. When I had this piece done I then set the engine/transaxle in place in side the Pantera. I was careful to make sure the assembly was aligned properly and level then marked the mount where it should be attacked to the mounting plate and then welded it up. Here's how they turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment