Saturday, May 18, 2013

More Color

Finally I had some time today to work on the Pantera. I continued working on sealing up the body. I decided to tackle the back two panels. WAY too much work for the small amount of time I had. I ended up painting into the evening.

It was nice to have the gloss on the top and the back boot. I was able to see a couple small low spots on the top of the car that I took time to fix today. I smoothed a couple places on both the passenger and driver side rear quarter panel. After applying the gloss I can see a few more spots on both panels that I missed. I'll tackle those spots another day.

The gloss really helps me see those spots that will need additional work. Best of all my wife walked out today and took a look at the painted section and said - "You can really see the lines of the car so much better with the black paint." The Pantera has such great lines. The fact that my wife recognized this is a real testament to how paint helps the overall look of a great design.

I ended up mixing too much paint so I used the extra to finish painting the interior floor pans and kick panels behind the dash. It all is looking pretty good.

I'm really liking the black. I think I will have it painted black when it comes time for the real paint to go on.

Next I will need to work on the passenger side door. It was reskinned and there are some fit issues that will need some grinding and rewelding. That's for another day. Here's some pictures of how she looks now.








No comments:

Post a Comment