Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Got To Start Somewhere

That elephant was looming again. It is amazing how disappointed I can get facing a big project. I just want to get it done and know the time I have here and there to work on it is way short of what is needed to get it all done. One bite... one bite... that's all I can do to stay on track.

The other day I had an hour or so to work on the Pantera. I decided to tackle a couple of rough spots on the back boot and just under the driver's side tail light. I sanded down the primer to see what had been done before and it was all good except for one spot in the corner of the passenger side boot lid. There were two small holes of rust through the outside skin. I cleaned it up and did a quick metal repair. Then a quick, thin coat of bondo on the two places I wanted to repair. Here's a couple pictures of how I left it.





After two days of rain I finally got a chance to work on the car. I decided to smooth out the bondo and finish up these spots. It came out really nice. I was able to stop a couple places of rust and smooth out most of the tail. There is still a couple really tiny spots that need attention but that's for another day. Here's how I left it today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment