Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rear Brake Caliper Brackets

The Wilwood brakes I'm using for the rear didn't come with any kind of mounting bracket. Just like the fronts, the rear calipers have a 3.5 inch mounting hole pattern. The Pantera mounting holes are an approximate 3" pattern. Time to make some brackets.

I started by cutting a piece of 3/8" steel plate to go around the ears of the original Pantera mouting holes. This was a laborious process since I really don't have proper cutting tools. After a while of cutting this is what I came up with.

With the first piece cut out it was time to make the next piece that would bolt into the mounting holes on the Pantera rear hub. Here's how it looks before the work began.

After a bunch of work I was able to shape the two pieces to fit exactly the rear hub and the caliper from Wilwood. Here's what the bracket looks like all finished laying on the rear hub.

Here's  shot of the bracket off the hub laying on the rotor. I made another one just like it and built a set of brackets to mount on the other side of the hub to hold the parking brake I bought from Wilwood as well.

This shot shows what the final assembly looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment