Thursday, October 31, 2013

Purchased Seats

Like most of 3854, the seats for my Pantera are MIA. That's OK because I wanted something different anyways. I have been looking at seat options and found two options that caught my attention. You can read all about the various options people have considered in the thread below.

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6450045562/m/231109126/p/1

The two options that I decided to take a look at were the Fiero seats (with mrmikes.com) and the Corvette seats (Gary Harrig option). Both of these options seemed to have manufacturers who supplied nice options for covers and complete seat purchases. I decided I liked the Harrig option best and contacted him only to find out that due to arthritis, Mr. Harrig doesn't make the seats any longer. Bummer.

I liked the Fiero seat option as well since covers were available for a good price at mrmikes.com. As I was doing a search on ebay and craigs list for used Fiero seats I came across this ebay vendor.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/zoomzoomzoom-ing

He had a big selection of seat covers and actual seats that he was selling for Posche and BMWs. He also had several Porsche seats that could be purchased with 7 days lead time. When I was looking he had a set of Recaros out of an older Posche that looked perfect. They cost $1,150 recovered and in like new condition. His factory is located in Glendale  and he lives in Seal Beach CA. Seeing that Seal Beach is only 65 miles from my house, I met him there to take a look at the seats. I loved them and bought then - they look fantastic. Here's a few pictures of the seats. They should fit just fine. More to come on that when I get the car's floors prepped for installation.




No comments:

Post a Comment