Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Finished the Exterior Coating

I finally got the chance to finish treating the minor surface rust and coating the Pantera with Rustoleum. Wow does she ever look good in black. I can now see all the places that need a bit of smoothing out to make the body ready for a real paint job. Got a long way to go before that happens.

Good news is that I found a transaxle for 3854. A guy in Miami had parted out his Pantera and had the transaxle left. It looks great. I had an inspector check it out for me and it seem to shift just fine. The previous owner built a special shipping crate for it and will put it on a truck for me in the next day or so. That's a BIG find for this build and really kicks up the momentum. Can't wait so see it arrive.

Here's a couple of pictures of what she looks like with the exterior painted.



No comments:

Post a Comment